Looking for a lighter alternative to the breakfast bap or full english this festive period? These breakfast baked egg cups are a perfect way to pack a lean high protein punch at the start of your day to keep you feeling fuller for longer. Plus they look pretty great on the plate too if you are entertaining!
Looking for the perfect eleven o’clock snack, you can batch make these goodies too and pop in the fridge to enjoy later!
- Bacon (Trim the fat, or use medallions)
- Organic free range egg
- 30g protein cheese
- Take your bacon and cut each slice into two long strips, place in a dry pan and fry for 2-3 minutes to cook through slightly
- Remove the bacon slices, and coat a small muffin tin or ramekin with coconut oil then using the bacon slices form a ring around the inside edge of the tin
- Crack your egg into the middle of the tin and season with salt, pepper, thyme and chilli flakes
- Pop your eggs into a very hot oven for 10-15 minutes until the egg whites cook through
- Whilst your eggs are cooking melt 30g of protein cheese on the hob
- Transfer your cooked cups onto a bed of spinach and top with the melted cheese and a sprinkling of chilli flakes, enjoy!