It's that time of year when we all focus on the resolutions and targets that we can set to live a healthier, happier year ahead. There are a multitude of diets to choose from, food groups to drop, new macro goals to set....here at Eatlean we're focused on keeping it simple. Rather than cutting out your favourite dishes, it's all about finding better, more wholesome ingredients that you can enjoy, and simple tweaks as to the way that you make things.
Burgers are up there as a firm favourite of ours, but this Jan we're turning it on its head. Let us introduce our Smoked #ProteinCheese Veggie Burger. Switching up the red meat for chickpeas, and full fat burger cheese, for our deliciously smoked #proteincheese we reduce the fat content right down, whilst boosting the protein...and enjoying a delicious burger as the result!
- Eatlean Smoked #ProteinCheese
- 1x Can of chickpeas
- 1.5 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1tsp Cumin
- 1tsp Coriander leaf
- 0.5 tsp Cayenne pepper
- Half a jar of roasted red peppers
- Fresh coriander
- Flour for dusting
- Juice of half a lemon
- One egg
1. In a bowl, add the chickpeas, spices & coriander leaf and then pulse in a blender to combine
2. To the mixture add the chopped red peppers, fresh coriander, egg and smoked #proteincheese
3. Mix together well until all the ingredients are combined
4. Flour a board, and shape the mixture into even shaped patties, dusting the outside
5. Add the patties to a frying pan with a little olive oil, and cook over a medium heat for 10 mins, turning regularly
6. Serve in a bun...or bun-less with salad, relish and melted smoked #proteincheese!