The cold dark nights are drawing in, and we are all looking for the perfect comfort food to warm these Autumnal nights...we have the perfect dish! Great for a Halloween or Bonfire Night party, or perfect to enjoy as part of an evening meal, these Loaded Protein Cheese Hassleback Sweet Potatoes are our Autumnal go-to's! This dish is high in protein, low in fat, and packed full of vitamins and fibre to help ward of the dreaded flu!
- Grated eatlean #proteincheese
- Small sweet potatoes
- Crème fraîche - Light/0% fat version
- Spring onions
- Olive oil
- Mixed Herbs
- Wash the sweet potatoes thoroughly, and then cut slices into the potatoes 2/3 of the way through along the length of each potato. Careful not to cut completely through!
- Combine the olive oil and mixed herbs and drizzle this over each of the potatoes seasoning well in a lined baking dish ready for the oven.
- Pop into a pre-heated oven at 200°C for an hour until cooked through and crispy
- Take the potatoes out of the oven and top with lots of grated #ProteinCheese and the pre-cooked bacon
- Pop back in the oven for a further ten minutes until the cheese is fully melted and the bacon has browned
- Top the potatoes with sour cream (Crème fraîche and lemon juice mixed together) and add the spring onion