Looking for a more savoury alternative to the typical high sugar pancakes this Shrove Tuesday? We’ve got you covered! Packing a whopping 42g of protein (per 4 pancake serving) and full of vitamins from the wilted spinach these pancakes should be enjoyed again and again, not just today! Great as a high protein breakfast, delicious as a cold lunch snack with a salad side, or even serve up for dinner topped with a delicious piece of grilled fish.
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 50g grated Eatlean #proteincheese
- 150g plain flour (you could use gluten free flour)
- 1 cup wilted spinach
- Salt & pepper
- In a bowl whisk up your eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Using a sieve dust in your flour and baking powder and stir until the mixture is fully combined and lump free
- Chop up your wilted spinach and grate your protein cheese, add these to the mixture and stir through
- In a pan heat a tbsp of butter (or coconut oil) and then ladle a tbsp of the mixture at a time into the pan.
- When bubbles form on the surface on the pancake flip over to brown the other side
- Serve with grated protein cheese on top and fresh baby spinach leaves!