If brunching is your thing then this recipe is an absolute must-try! One pan typically feeds four people so instead of nipping out to your favourite cafe why not save some pennies, invite your friends over and enjoy brunch in the comfort of your own home, whilst controlling what goes into it! For ease you can make the tomato base the night before then simply heat up the next morning, crack your eggs on top, grate some cheese and there you have it!
- 4 eggs
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1tsp – chilli powder, smoked paprika, cumin
- Dash of cayenne pepper or tabasco (to your taste!)
- Grated eatlean #proteincheese
- Add your diced onions and chopped red pepper to a pan of heated rapeseed oil or coconut oil and sauté until softened, add your pressed garlic and stir without browning heavily
- Add the spices to the mixture followed by the chopped tomatoes and tomato puree, leave to cook through for five minutes
- Add the cayenne pepper/tabasco and salt to taste
- Take your eggs and crack on top of the mixture then cover the pan with a lid (or pop in the oven) and cook until the egg whites cook through
- At the last minute, grate a good helping of #proteincheese on top, scatter the parsley and heat through for 2 more minutes
- Serve with smashed avocado, or on top of rye bread with a Bloody Mary on the side!